Artist Reception with Sarah Killingsworth – Dance Palace Artist for December 2020
December 12, 2020 @ 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
FREE — Registration required; registration ends 30 minutes prior to event start.
Wildlife Portraits during the Pandemic
Sarah Killingsworth is a Marin County-based wildlife educator and conservation photographer. Her photographs are the result of countless hours in the wilderness of the Point Reyes National Seashore watching and capturing animal behavior. Sarah is passionate about sharing the magic of our wilderness areas with children, both by bringing the wild into classrooms, and in getting our youth outdoors, to learn about their environment. Sarah is a member of the Board of the Environmental Action Committee of West Marin, serves on the NANPA Ethics Committee and is a Wildlife Educator with Project Coyote.
The shelter in place orders of 2020 created a unique opportunity to slow down and spend more time photographing local wildlife. By walking and biking into the Point Reyes National Seashore, Sarah was able to observe and photograph wildlife in the Spring of 2020 when few people were in the park. Elusive animals like badgers and weasels were more visible; other animals were more elusive. The portraits in this gallery were all taken in the Point Reyes National Seashore between March and October 2020. Join us on December 12, starting at 3:30pm, to learn more about Sarah’s wildlife photography and the animals featured in this gallery.
This event is free; donations to the Dance Palace are encouraged. To donate, please visit one of these locations and mention this event by name:
- –Dance Palace website: www.dancepalace.org/donate-now
- –PayPal: www.paypal.me/TheDancePalacePR
- –Venmo: www.venmo.com/TheDancePalacePR
- Please note:
- –Registration is required; register here.
- –Online capacity is limited; one registration is good for all those watching on a single device
- –Registration will end 30 minutes before the scheduled start time
- –Registered attendees will receive an Eventbrite email with the Zoom link 10-15 minutes prior to the start of the program